Chicken and veg traybake
- October 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 50 min
The root vegetables in this traybake cook till caramelised, in the chicken juices and wine. The end result is sticky and scrumptious.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 21.9g (7.9g saturated)
- 46.3g (23g sugars)
- 1.2kg mixed root vegetables cut into 2cm chunks (we used 3 leeks, 3 raw beetroot and 2 sweet potatoes)
- 8 free-range chicken thighs
- 200ml dry white wine
- 80g blue cheese
For the glaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put all the vegetables and chicken in a large roasting tin.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients, then drizzle over the chicken and veg, tossing to coat.
- Pour the wine into the tin and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, then toss the vegetables with a spatula and crumble over the blue cheese. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through (the juices will run clear when pierced in the thickest part with a skewer) and the vegetables are tender.
Next time, top with feta or taleggio instead of blue cheese. Use any vegetables you have.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...