Pastrami, tomato and asparagus pasta
- June 2006
- 125g pack fine asparagus
- 300g dried pasta shapes
- 120g roughly chopped pastrami
- 130g SunBlush tomatoes in oil, drained and halved (reserve 3 tbsp oil)
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Trim the asparagus, then cut into shorter lengths. Add to the boiling water and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon, refresh under cold water and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water, stir and cook according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Add the pastrami, SunBlush tomatoes and the cooked asparagus. Add the reserved oil from the tomatoes and the lemon juice, and season. Gently toss together and divide between bowls.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
Filini pasta with asparagus, peas and wild garlic pesto
Debbie Major’s wild garlic pesto is a winner with any pasta dish. This recipe is...