Asparagus and tenderstem broccoli spaghetti
- May 2012
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
A springtime recipe that makes the most of the asparagus in this vegetarian pasta dish made with capers, lemon, parsley and parmesan.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 150g quick-cook spaghetti
- 190g pack Tesco Finest Asparagus and Tenderstem Broccoli mix, or similar, roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Bunch each of fresh flatleaf parsley and basil, finely chopped
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 40g ready-grated vegetarian parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and simmer for 1 minute, then add the asparagus and tenderstem to the pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes more until the veg is tender and the spaghetti is al dente. Drain, reserving a splash of the cooking water, then return the pasta to the pan with the reserved water.
- Stir through the rest of the ingredients. Season well, divide between two pasta bowls, then sprinkle with more parmesan and drizzle with a little more oil to serve.
This dish works well with other cheeses such as feta, mozzarella or blue cheese
Rate & review