Asparagus and tenderstem broccoli spaghetti
- May 2012
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
A springtime recipe that makes the most of the asparagus in this vegetarian pasta dish made with capers, lemon, parsley and parmesan.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 150g quick-cook spaghetti
- 190g pack Tesco Finest Asparagus and Tenderstem Broccoli mix, or similar, roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Bunch each of fresh flatleaf parsley and basil, finely chopped
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 40g ready-grated vegetarian parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and simmer for 1 minute, then add the asparagus and tenderstem to the pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes more until the veg is tender and the spaghetti is al dente. Drain, reserving a splash of the cooking water, then return the pasta to the pan with the reserved water.
- Stir through the rest of the ingredients. Season well, divide between two pasta bowls, then sprinkle with more parmesan and drizzle with a little more oil to serve.
This dish works well with other cheeses such as feta, mozzarella or blue cheese
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
Filini pasta with asparagus, peas and wild garlic pesto
Debbie Major’s wild garlic pesto is a winner with any pasta dish. This recipe is...
Blue cheese recipes
Fettuccine alfredo with blue cheese, artichokes and asparagus
Creamy, cheesy pasta isn’t just for the colder months. Debbie Major’s recipe adds summer vegetables...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...