Asparagus and ricotta lasagne
- May 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Layers of pasta, asparagus, fresh mint and lemon are cooked in a creamy ricotta sauce to make a seasonal and vegetarian open lasagne.
Or try something a little different, our cacio e pepe with asparagus is a simple pasta recipe made with butter and black pepper.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 19.5g (8.4g saturated)
- 24.7g (3.6g sugars)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Splash of dry white wine
- 175g ricotta
- 50ml whipping cream
- 18 asparagus spears
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 25g grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 8 fresh egg lasagne sheets
- Drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- Extra lemon zest
- Grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Finely slice the garlic cloves, then gently fry for 30 seconds. Add a splash of dry white wine and bubble for a minute, then stir in the ricotta and whipping cream. Season.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil. Trim the asparagus spears, then blanch for 2-3 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water, then chop into 3cm pieces and add to the frying pan. Shred the mint leaves, then add with the lemon zest and juice. Stir in the parmesan.
- Bring another pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the lasagne sheets, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes. Drain well, then put a lasagne sheet on each of 4 plates. Divide half the mixture among them, then top each with another lasagne sheet and the rest of the asparagus mixture. Serve with another drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a scattering of extra lemon zest and grated parmesan.
Rate & review