Pasta with asparagus, mint pesto and poached egg
- May 2005
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
A simple but fresh recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes. The asparagus and eggs give it a fresh element while the pasta adds sustenance.
For something similar, you could try our cacio e pepe with asparagus.
- 250g pasta, of your choice
- 250g asparagus spears
- 4 slices pancetta
- Good bunch of mint leaves
- 100ml good quality olive oil
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Cook the in plenty of boiling water until al dente, or according to packet instructions.
- Add the asparagus spears to the boiling pasta water for the last 2-3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, grill the pancetta until crisp.
- Put the mint leaves into a food processor with the olive oil, then blend to a purée. Stir in the Parmesan, lots of black pepper and set aside.
- Poach the eggs in barely simmering water for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta and asparagus, then mix in the mint pesto. Divide between 2 plates. Crumble over the pancetta, sprinkle with extra Parmesan and mint, then lift out the poached eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Linguine with saffron, roasted garlic, herb butter and hazelnuts
Fresh linguine coated in garlic and herb butter and topped with crunchy roasted hazelnuts makes...