Pasta with asparagus, mint pesto and poached egg
- May 2005
- 250g pasta, of your choice
- 250g asparagus spears
- 4 slices pancetta
- Good bunch of mint leaves
- 100ml good quality olive oil
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Cook the in plenty of boiling water until al dente, or according to packet instructions.
- Add the asparagus spears to the boiling pasta water for the last 2-3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, grill the pancetta until crisp.
- Put the mint leaves into a food processor with the olive oil, then blend to a purée. Stir in the Parmesan, lots of black pepper and set aside.
- Poach the eggs in barely simmering water for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta and asparagus, then mix in the mint pesto. Divide between 2 plates. Crumble over the pancetta, sprinkle with extra Parmesan and mint, then lift out the poached eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
Filini pasta with asparagus, peas and wild garlic pesto
Debbie Major’s wild garlic pesto is a winner with any pasta dish. This recipe is...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...