Pasta with asparagus, mint pesto and poached egg
- May 2005
- 250g pasta, of your choice
- 250g asparagus spears
- 4 slices pancetta
- Good bunch of mint leaves
- 100ml good quality olive oil
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Cook the in plenty of boiling water until al dente, or according to packet instructions.
- Add the asparagus spears to the boiling pasta water for the last 2-3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, grill the pancetta until crisp.
- Put the mint leaves into a food processor with the olive oil, then blend to a purée. Stir in the Parmesan, lots of black pepper and set aside.
- Poach the eggs in barely simmering water for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta and asparagus, then mix in the mint pesto. Divide between 2 plates. Crumble over the pancetta, sprinkle with extra Parmesan and mint, then lift out the poached eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Budget pasta recipes
Filini pasta with asparagus, peas and wild garlic pesto
Debbie Major’s wild garlic pesto is a winner with any...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter