Pepper, spinach and coconut curry
- August 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A quick, low-calorie vegetarian curry recipe made with sweet peppers, spinach and fragrant coriander. We love the crispy kale sprinkled on top for added crunch!
- 19.4g (7.4g saturated)
- 15.1g (12.7g sugars)
- 6.5g fibre
- Sunflower oil
- 2 red onions
- 2 green peppers
- 250g kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 400ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200g spinach
- ½ bunch chopped coriander
- Rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Heat a glug of sunflower oil in a large deep frying pan. Thinly slice the onions, deseed and chop the peppers, then fry for 10 minutes until softened and starting to colour.
- Spread the kale over 1-2 large baking sheets, drizzle over olive oil and the balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle a little sugar over. Roast for 3-4 minutes until crisp and sticky. Season with salt.
- Add the tikka masala paste to the pan with the veg in it and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and spinach, stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the spinach has partially wilted. Stir in the coriander, then serve with the crispy kale, rice and, if you like, lime wedges.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter