Pineapple and halloumi sticks
- January 2005
- Makes 20
- Ready in 15 min
We’ve updated the party food classic, cheese and pineapple, by swapping Cheddar for halloumi and grilling it with chilli and lime marinade.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 5.2g (2.6g saturated)
- 2.3g (2g sugar)
- 1/2 medium pineapple, peeled
- 350g haloumi cheese, drained
- 20 pickled chillies
- Finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the grill to hot. Cut the pineapple and haloumi into 20 chunks and place on a lightly oiled grill rack with the whole chillies.
- Mix together the lime zest and oil, season, and brush all over the pineapple, haloumi and chillies. Pop under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese starts to colour.
- Serve either by pushing the pineapple, haloumi and chillies onto long sticks, or by putting everything into small bowls so people can help themselves with cocktail sticks. Best served warm but can be eaten cold.
Chilli and lime with pineapple is the perfect combination of spicy, sour and sweet. For something hotter, add 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes to the oil and lime mix.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...