Pomegranate lamb salad
- September 2020
- Hands-on time 15 min
Enjoy the beautiful taste of succulent lamb in this quick and easy pomegranate lamb salad recipe. It’s filled with fresh ingredients and is perfect for a filling lunch or a light supper.
Check out more filling salad recipes.
- 32.2g (7.4g saturated)
- 60.3g (22.3g sugars)
- 250g pack cooked mixed grains
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Welsh lamb steaks (roughly 110g each)
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Juice ½ lemon
- Handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- 30g pomegranate seeds
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 80g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Tip the grains into a bowl and break up with your hands. Transfer to the pan and stir-fry for a minute to warm them. Add 2 tbsp of water and continue to stir-fry for another 30 seconds until the grains begin to puff up and soften. Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool.
- Heat half the oil in the same frying pan over a high heat. Season the steaks with salt and fry for 1 ½-2 minutes each side until golden. Turn off the heat and add 2 tbsp of the pomegranate molasses. Use tongs to turn the steaks in the molasses to coat, then transfer to a warm plate. Add 1 tbsp water to the pan, swirl it around, then pour the juices over the steaks. Don’t scrape the pan as it will make the steaks taste bitter. Set the steaks aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining olive oil, remaining pomegranate molasses and the lemon juice with a good pinch of salt.
- Add the mint, pomegranate seeds, carrot, onion and tomatoes into the bowl with the grains. Pour over the dressing and mix well. Transfer to a serving dish
- Slice the steaks and arrange them over the salad. Spoon over the resting juices and garnish with the pistachios. Grab a fork and tuck in!
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter