Pork and butter bean stew
- December 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 35-40 minutes to cook
This easy and filling pork, chorizo and butter bean stew, is an ideal dinner for a cold winter’s night.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 18.1g (6.2g saturated)
- 17.1g (5.9g sugar)
- 150g chorizo
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large or 4 small pork chops
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100ml chicken stock
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 400g can butter beans
- Heat a casserole and add the chorizo, diced, and dry-fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until crisp. Add the red onion, finely sliced, and the garlic cloves, crushed, and fry for 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of vegetable oil in the casserole and fry the pork chops, cut into pieces, until browned all over.
- Return the chorizo and onion mixture to the casserole and add the chopped tomatoes, the chicken stock and a few sprigs of fresh thyme. Season well, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the butter beans, drained and rinsed, and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve with baked potatoes.
For a different twist, swap the chopped tomatoes for cider or apple juice and add 75ml double cream at the end.
Rate & review