Pork and fennel gnocchi grill
- September 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, grilling time 5 min
Sausages, gnocchi and a generous pinch of chilli make this a comforting weeknight wonder. And it only takes 20 minutes to make!
- 13.7g (4.9g saturated)
- 67.6g (2.7g sugars)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 free-range British pork sausages
- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, bruised
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Large handful fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 800g gnocchi
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g grana padano, grated
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, squeeze the sausages out of their skins and cook over a high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as you cook. Once cooked and beginning to crisp, add the grated courgette, bruised fennel seeds, chilli flakes, most of the parsley and the lemon zest and juice. Cook for a further 2 minutes until the spices are fragrant and the liquid from the courgette is beginning to evaporate.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi according to the pack instructions, drain, reserving 75ml of the cooking water, then add to the sausage pan along with the reserved liquid. Stir well, then transfer to a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining oil, breadcrumbs and cheese, then sprinkle over the gnocchi. Grill for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbling hot. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.
Cover, cool and chill unbaked for up to 2 days. Heat in
a hot oven until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...