Pork chops baked in chorizo and black olive tomato sauce
- May 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 30 min
Guaranteed to bring a taste of Spanish sunshine to your midweek dinner, this easy oven bake recipe combines succulent pork chop with a spicy chorizo, tomato and black olive sauce.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 34.1g (8.5g saturated)
- 19.4g (18.1g sugars)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 75g cooking chorizo, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 100ml red wine
- 40g halved pitted black olives
- 2 British free-range bone-in pork chops
- Rocket leaves and crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Heat a glug of oil in a medium saucepan and fry the red onion over a medium heat for around 7-8 minutes until softening.
- Add the garlic fry for another minute. Stir in the chopped chorizo and tomato paste, then fry for 3 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, red wine and black olives, bring up to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the sauce into a medium baking dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat another glug of oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat and fry the pork chops for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Stir the sauce, put the seared pork chops on top, then bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve with rocket leaves and crusty bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel seed crusted pork chops with quince and apple compôte
Debbie Major uses ancient, autumnal quinces to make a compôte bursting with flavour in this...