Pork chops with chutney sauce and greens
- May 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 min
Liven up pork chops with a quick, tasty sauce. A simple, satisfying supper for two.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 pork loin chops
- 150ml dry cider
- 100g of your favourite chutney
- 200g spring cabbage
- Knob of butter
- Put a medium pan of water on to boil, and place a wide frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the pork loin chops, add to the hot pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until browned and just cooked through. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- Add the dry cider to the frying pan and bubble for 1 minute, until reduced by half. Stir in your favourite chutney and cook for 1 minute, until thickened. Keep hot over a low heat, stir in the resting pork juices and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, add the spring cabbage, shredded and washed, to the pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, until al dente. Drain well and toss with a knob of butter and some seasoning.
- Divide between plates, spoon over the chutney sauce and pile the buttered greens alongside. Serve with boiled new potatoes, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
April seasonal recipes
Pork chops with spelt, wild garlic and purple sprouting broccolli
This quick and easy pork recipe celebrates some of spring’s most prized ingredients – wild...