Pork chops with chutney sauce and greens
- May 2008
- 2 pork loin chops
- 150ml dry cider
- 100g of your favourite chutney
- 200g spring cabbage
- Knob of butter
- Put a medium pan of water on to boil, and place a wide frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the pork loin chops, add to the hot pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until browned and just cooked through. Set aside on a plate to rest.
- Add the dry cider to the frying pan and bubble for 1 minute, until reduced by half. Stir in your favourite chutney and cook for 1 minute, until thickened. Keep hot over a low heat, stir in the resting pork juices and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, add the spring cabbage, shredded and washed, to the pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, until al dente. Drain well and toss with a knob of butter and some seasoning.
- Divide between plates, spoon over the chutney sauce and pile the buttered greens alongside. Serve with boiled new potatoes, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
April seasonal recipes
Pork chops with spelt, wild garlic and purple sprouting broccolli
This quick and easy pork recipe celebrates some of spring’s...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter