Quick apricot and sage pork chops
- October 2008
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 mins
Sweet apricot and fragrant sage are a winning combination in this pork chop recipe. It’s quick and easy to make and is perfect for a hassle-free dinner party, just double the recipe.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- A good handful dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves
- 100ml white wine
- 5 tbsp Bonne Maman Apricot Compote
- 450g pack ready-made mashed potato
- Preheat the grill to medium. Season the pork chops and grill for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove and rest for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in dried apricots and the sage. Cook for 3 minutes. Pour in white wine and bubble until reduced by half. Stir through the Apricot Compote, a splash of water and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Heat the pack of ready-made mashed potato according to the pack instructions. Serve the pork chops with the mash, warm apricot sauce and wilted spinach, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
April seasonal recipes
Pork chops with spelt, wild garlic and purple sprouting broccolli
This quick and easy pork recipe celebrates some of spring’s most prized ingredients – wild...