Pork chops with salsa verde and chunky wedges
- January 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30-40 min, plus resting
Load up on a British classic with this simple but tasty dinner. The pork chops are complemented beautifully with an easy salsa verde and simple chunky wedges.
- 28.7g (6.3g saturated)
- 42.2g (1.5g sugars)
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 splashes of olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 4 hefty British free-range pork chops
For the salsa verde:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp capers in vinegar, drained and patted dry
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves
- 80ml olive oil
- Good squeeze of lemon
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the potato wedges in the oil until well coated, then season well and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the top of the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden and crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with the butter and another splash of oil and season the chops. Add the chops to the sizzling pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and cook under the wedges for the last 5 minutes of their cooking time. Remove everything from the oven and rest the pork while you make the salsa verde.
- Whizz the salsa verde ingredients in a food processor, taste and season. Serve the pork chops and wedges with the salsa in a bowl.
Next time why not fry sustainable white fish fillets, then serve with the wedges and salsa verde for a lighter fish and chips?
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gremolata pork chops on creamy polenta with lemon ricotta sauce
This Italian recipe combines creamy polenta with juicy pork smothered in tangy gremolata, a mix...