Pork, chorizo and fennel stir-fry
- October 2009
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g raw chorizo sausage, cut into chunks
- 4 small (175g) pork loin steaks, sliced
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced
- 150g green beans, halved
- Glass of white wine
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for 5 minutes until it is releasing its oil and turning golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the sliced pork and lemon zest to the pan or wok, season well and cook for 5 minutes until the pork is browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the onion and fennel to the pan and fry for a further 5 minutes until softened. Add the cooked pork, chorizo and halved green beans. Season well, add the lemon juice, wine and stock and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon the stir-fry onto a serving platter and serve with the creamy polenta.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter