- August 2011
- 125g unsalted butter, plus 50g extra
- Grating of fresh nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 400g peeled brown shrimp
- Brown bread and lemon wedges to serve
- Melt the 125g butter in a pan. Add the spices and a good pinch of sea salt. Add the shrimp and coat well.
- Divide among 6 small ramekins and chill in the fridge until set.
- Melt the 50g butter in a heavy-based pan. Strain off the clear butter at the top, leaving the milk solids in the pan (discard the solids). Pour the clarified butter over the shrimps. Chill for at least 2 hours, then serve with brown bread and lemon wedges.
The clarified butter acts as a seal. You can discard it before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas dinner recipes
Clodagh Mckenna’s smoked mackerel and dill pâté with fennel crispbreads
Clodagh Mckenna’s easy smoked mackerel and dill pâté recipe makes an elegant starter for a...