Prawn and broad bean open lasagne
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This prawn and broad bean lasagne recipe is far fresher and lighter than a traditional version and ready in just 20 minutes.
Check out our fish pie lasagne too, made with salmon, spinach and prawns.
- 36.3g (20.2g saturated)
- 24.2g (2.8g sugar)
- 6.2g fibre
- 300g podded broad beans, fresh or frozen
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 250ml crème fraîche
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 35g grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Cook the beans for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and refresh in cold water. Remove the tough outer skins.
- Cook the lasagne, 2 sheets at a time, for 2 minutes in a big pan of boiling salted water. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for
- 30 seconds. Add the prawns, crème fraîche and zest and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are cooked. Take off the heat.
- Stir in the beans, Parmesan, lemon juice and mint, then season to taste.
- Put a pasta sheet on each plate, top with some prawn mixture, add another sheet, then finish with the rest of the mixture, a drizzle of olive oil and some Parmesan shavings.
Rate & review