Prawn and broad bean open lasagne
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This prawn and broad bean lasagne recipe is far fresher and lighter than a traditional version and ready in just 20 minutes.
Check out our fish pie lasagne too, made with salmon, spinach and prawns.
- 36.3g (20.2g saturated)
- 24.2g (2.8g sugar)
- 6.2g fibre
- 300g podded broad beans, fresh or frozen
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 250ml crème fraîche
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 35g grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Cook the beans for 2 minutes in boiling salted water, drain and refresh in cold water. Remove the tough outer skins.
- Cook the lasagne, 2 sheets at a time, for 2 minutes in a big pan of boiling salted water. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for
- 30 seconds. Add the prawns, crème fraîche and zest and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are cooked. Take off the heat.
- Stir in the beans, Parmesan, lemon juice and mint, then season to taste.
- Put a pasta sheet on each plate, top with some prawn mixture, add another sheet, then finish with the rest of the mixture, a drizzle of olive oil and some Parmesan shavings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Pappardelle with white wine, cream, broad beans and pancetta
Creamy pappardelle with seasonal broad beans and pancetta is the easy midweek pasta recipe you’ll...