Prawn and spinach curry
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
You can make this quick prawn curry recipe with ingredients mostly found in the storecupboard. Serve with rice, a sprinkle of coriander and yogurt for a tasty midweek meal.
Prefer something with Thai flavours? Our prawn red curry with coconut rice is just as quick as this one, ready in 20 minutes.
- 6.5g (2.2g saturated)
- 7.1g (5.8g sugars)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin or cumin seeds
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed
- 200g sustainably sourced peeled and deveined frozen king prawns, thawed
- 100ml Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- Steamed basmati rice
- Fresh coriander
- Finely slice the onion and heat the oil in a deep frying pan, then gently fry for 5 minutes or until soft. Crush in the garlic, add the garam masala, ground coriander and cumin, then fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes (see tip) and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir through the spinach and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Stir through the prawns and yogurt and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with pepper and a good pinch of salt, then cook for a further 5 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through, and the sauce is hot. Serve with steamed basmati rice, fresh coriander and extra Greek yogurt.
Add 1 tsp sugar to the chopped tomatoes in step 2, if you like, to help bring out the flavour.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...