Prawn and spinach curry
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
You can make this quick prawn curry recipe with ingredients mostly found in the storecupboard. Serve with rice, a sprinkle of coriander and yogurt for a tasty midweek meal.
Prefer something with Thai flavours? Our prawn red curry with coconut rice is just as quick as this one, ready in 20 minutes.
- 6.5g (2.2g saturated)
- 7.1g (5.8g sugars)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin or cumin seeds
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed
- 200g sustainably sourced peeled and deveined frozen king prawns, thawed
- 100ml Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- Steamed basmati rice
- Fresh coriander
- Finely slice the onion and heat the oil in a deep frying pan, then gently fry for 5 minutes or until soft. Crush in the garlic, add the garam masala, ground coriander and cumin, then fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes (see tip) and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir through the spinach and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Stir through the prawns and yogurt and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with pepper and a good pinch of salt, then cook for a further 5 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through, and the sauce is hot. Serve with steamed basmati rice, fresh coriander and extra Greek yogurt.
Add 1 tsp sugar to the chopped tomatoes in step 2, if you like, to help bring out the flavour.
Rate & review