Prawn, sweet potato and okra curry
- August 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This warming prawn, sweet potato and okra curry uses staple ingredients. It’s the perfect mid-week meal to whip up when you want a curry in a hurry.
- 15g (4.7g saturated)
- 51.3g (20.3g sugars)
- Glug of oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced
- 175g okra, sliced
- 3 tbsp Patak’s Tikka Masala Curry paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g greek yogurt
- 350g thawed raw peeled jumbo prawns
- 100g spinach
- 1 lemon
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Heat a glug of oil over a medium heat and add the red onion. Fry for 5 minutes or until starting to soften, then add the diced sweet potatoes and sliced okra; fry for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Patak’s Tikka Masala Curry paste and fry for another minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and a tin full of water. Bring up to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is almost cooked.
- Stir in the greek yogurt, jumbo prawns and spinach. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the prawns are cooked through and the veg are tender. Season, then squeeze over a little lemon juice, add an extra dollop of yogurt and scatter with the coriander leaves. Serve with basmati rice or warm naan bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...