- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make and 15 min to cook, plus defrosting
A rich tomato-based, medium-spiced curry, which is delicious served with naan bread and steamed rice.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7g (1.2 saturated)
- 10.1g (7.2g sugar)
- 1 portion basic curry sauce mix
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 400g large, raw peeled prawns
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- Small bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- Defrost the curry sauce overnight in the fridge. Pour into a large pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, cayenne pepper and garam masala. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until thickened.
- Add the prawns, sugar and lime juice, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Divide between plates along with steamed rice, sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and serve with naan, if you like.
Rate & review