Quick Chinese duck salad
- March 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
Just a few shop-bought ingredients go into this fragrant duck salad recipe that’s ready in only 30 minutes.
Or, try this quick and easy chicken and spring onion salad with rice – a healthy alternative to Chinese takeaway.
- 125g dried medium egg noodles
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 oranges
- 300g pack Chinese stir-fry vegetables
- ½ head Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 2 large duck breasts
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and tip into a large bowl. Toss with the oil.
- Cut off and discard all the skin and pith from the oranges. Segment the oranges into the bowl of noodles, then squeeze out any excess juice from the membranes into the bowl. Add the stir-fry vegetables and Chinese leaf to the bowl, then toss everything together. Season to taste and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Rub the duck breasts with the five spice, then season. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 5 minutes for pink, or longer if you like. Lift onto a plate to rest for 10 minutes, then slice diagonally. Divide the noodle salad between plates and top with slices of duck breast.
Rate & review