Aubergine and feta soba noodle salad
- July 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
If you’re looking for a summery salad recipe that also fills you up, this is it. The flavours of aubergine, cucumber, feta and mint work brilliantly against a backdrop of soba noodles.
- 19.6g (8.3g saturated)
- 39.4g carbs (5.9g sugars)
- 2 large aubergines
- Splash olive oil
- 2 handfuls of mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus the paired zest of 1 lemon
- 200g soba noodles
- ½ large cucumber
- 200g feta
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Thinly slice the aubergines lengthways into strips, toss with a splash of olive oil, then griddle until lightly charred (cook in batches so they have enough space). Transfer to a bowl.
- Shred a large handful of fresh mint leaves, then toss with the aubergines along with the lemon zest and juice and some seasoning. Set aside for 10 minutes so the aubergine has a chance to soak up the flavours.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the soba noodles for 3 minutes or according to the pack instructions, then rinse in cold water and drain. Peel and slice the cucumber into long strips, then crumble the feta and toss both with the noodles. Toss gently with the aubergines and season again with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Shred another handful of mint leaves and pare the zest from another lemon to garnish. Drizzle over extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter