Pancakes with quick cranberry compote
- December 2018
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
A quick and easy cranberry compote recipe that’s ready in 10 minutes. Top pancakes with the sweet berry sauce or add it to your favourite granola and yogurt breakfast.
- 75g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 125g mixed frozen berries
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Pancakes, buy ready-made or make these buttermilk pancakes
- Greek yogurt
- Chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Put the cranberries in a small pan with the mixed berries, sugar and orange juice. Gently heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the berries have softened.
- Bring to a simmer and mash lightly to burst the berries. Taste and add more sugar or juice, if you like. Serve warm spooned over pancakes topped with the greek yogurt and sprinkled with hazelnuts.
Rate & review