Quick sausages and peppers with polenta
- September 2008
- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 150g frozen grilled mixed peppers
- 350g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 100g quick-cook polenta
- 45g freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to sprinkle over
- Heat a wide, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the sausages, cut into chunky pieces, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the peppers, the tomato and basil pasta sauce and some seasoning. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the sausages are cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring 450ml salted water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Tip in the polenta and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, for 1 minute (or according to the pack instructions), until really thick and smooth.
- Stir in freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon onto plates along with the sausage mixture and serve with some Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to sprinkle over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter