Quick sausages and peppers with polenta
- September 2008
- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 150g frozen grilled mixed peppers
- 350g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 100g quick-cook polenta
- 45g freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to sprinkle over
- Heat a wide, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the sausages, cut into chunky pieces, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the peppers, the tomato and basil pasta sauce and some seasoning. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the sausages are cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring 450ml salted water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Tip in the polenta and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, for 1 minute (or according to the pack instructions), until really thick and smooth.
- Stir in freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon onto plates along with the sausage mixture and serve with some Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to sprinkle over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausages with creamy spinach sauce and garlic and caper mash
We’ve taken bangers and mash to a whole new level by adding garlic and capers...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...