Raspberry, sherry and nut trifle
- January 2005
- 250g bag of amaretti biscuits
- Sweet sherry
- 150g punnet raspberries
- Icing sugar
- 500g tub of crème anglaise or vanilla custard
- 284ml whipped fresh double cream
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Spill a box of amaretti biscuits into the bottom of a large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle well with a sweet sherry.
- Use a fork to crush 150g punnet raspberries with icing sugar to taste, then spoon over the soaked biscuits.
- Add a few more whole raspberries.
- Spoon over a large tub of crème anglaise or vanilla custard and top with plenty of whipped fresh double cream.
- Decorate with whole raspberries, chopped toasted hazelnuts and fresh mint leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter