- November 2005
- 150g Patak’s Basmati Rice, washed
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 100g grated palm sugar (from Waitrose) or unrefined brown sugar
- 200ml full-fat milk
- Seeds from 5-6 green cardamom pods, ground
- 50g mix of cashew nuts and raisins
- Soak the rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain, put in a saucepan with the coconut milk and swish out the can with 100ml water. Cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the sugar until it dissolves. Add the milk and cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cardamom. Lightly dry-fry the cashews and raisins and stir through. Serve warm or chilled with mango.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...