Easy warm roast cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa salad
- December 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 30 min
Make the most of winter vegetables in this warming cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa recipe. Using shop-bought quinoa is a whole lot quicker than cooking your own.
Salads aren’t just for summer, take a look at our winter salad recipes featuring lots of wonderful seasonal ingredients.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 20g (4g saturated)
- 87g (28g sugars)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, about 220g each, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle (4tbsp in total)
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 200g kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 250g packs Merchant Gourmet red and white quinoa (or similar)
- 150g soft goat’s cheese
- Large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potatoes in a large roasting tray and drizzle with oil. Roast for 10 minutes, then toss and add the cauliflower florets. Turn up the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan/gas 7 and roast for a further 15-20 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, scatter the kale over the veg with extra oil and salt and pepper.
- Heat the quinoa according to the pack instructions, then put into a large bowl and stir through the roasted veg, goat’s cheese and parsley.
- In a small jug, whisk the lemon zest and juice, balsamic vinegar and 3 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper, then stir through the quinoa to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Roasted caulifower and grain salad with pomegranate
April Bloomfield shares her vegetarian recipe which is packed with cauliflower, grains, onions, pistachios and...