Roast cod on spiced Puy lentils
- February 2006
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 4 x 200g pieces thick cod fillet
For the spiced puy lentils
- 275g Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium-hot red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh chicken stock
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Low-fat natural bio yogurt, cayenne pepper and fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Make the spiced lentils. Cook the lentils in a pan of simmering water for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- After 15 minutes, mix the olive oil for the fish with the curry powder. Brush all over the cod and season.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Grease with a little oil and add the cod, meaty-side down. Fry for 2 minutes until light golden, turn over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Drain the lentils. Heat the oil in a clean pan. Add the garlic, chilli and cumin. Once sizzling, stir in the lentils, onion and stock, until warmed through. Add lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Stir in the coriander.
- Spoon onto warmed plates. Place the cod on top. Serve with the yogurt and coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cod with garlic sweet potato mash and lemon spinach
A quick and healthy fish recipe made with just six...
Home-salted cod fishcakes with salsa verde mayonnaise
Crisp, golden and served with a creamy salsa verde –...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter