Roast cod with bacon, tomatoes and basil
- August 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This roast cod dish is a real one-pan wonder. It’s quick and easy to make, as well as being packed with scrumptious summery flavours.
- 4 sustainably-caught cod steaks
- 2-4 rashers streaky bacon
- 250g mini plum tomatoes, halved
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- A handful fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Drizzle a roasting tin with a little oil and add the cod steaks, skin-side down. Cut the rashers of streaky bacon into small pieces and scatter over the fish with the mini plum tomatoes. Season and add a splash of balsamic vinegar over each cod steak.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 for 10-12 minutes. Scatter with a handful fresh basil leaves to serve.
Rate & review