Baked cod with bacon and lemon crumb
- September 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 20-25 min
This recipe takes a classic pairing of fish and lemon, and sprinkles it with a juicy bacon crumb to make your midweek meal shine.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 15.2g (4.1g saturated)
- 9.5g (0.6g sugars)
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ crushed garlic clove
- Finely grated zest of one large lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 170g sustainable cod loins (or pollock/coley loins, or salmon fillets)
- Fry the bacon lardons in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until crisp, then set aside to cool slightly. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Put the bacon in a mini food processor and whizz until just broken up (or finely chop and put in a mixing bowl). Add the breadcrumbs, garlic, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and pepper and the olive oil. Whizz again (or finely chop them and add to the bowl) to make small crumbs.
- Put the cod loins on a baking tray – skin-down if they have the skin on – and top with the crumb and a few slices of lemon. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is golden. Serve with roast baby potatoes and green beans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy fish recipes
Breaded harissa cod with lemon and red onion couscous
A super healthy cod recipe – with a spicy harissa breadcrumb topping – comes served...