Roast squash, sage and hazelnut orecchiette
- October 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 40 min
A bowl of pasta with the colours and flavours of autumn- squash, hazelnut and sage work wonders in this hearty recipe.
- 27.9g (4.7g saturated)
- 95.4g (15.3g sugars)
- 1 medium squash
- Olive oil
- Small bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 75g roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 400g orecchiette or other small pasta shape
- 2-3tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar or glaze
- Grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Chop and deseed the squash, cut into small chunks, then toss with a good glug of olive oil in a large baking tray and season. Roast for 40 minutes or until browned and tender, adding a the sage leaves and hazelnuts for the last 5-6 minutes.
- Around 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time, put the pasta on to boil in plenty of well salted water. When the pasta is al dente, drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the squash mixture through the pasta along with the balsamic vinegar and a generous amount of seasoning. Stir through a glug of extra-virgin olive oil, divide among bowls, then top with parmesan (or a vegetarian alternative) and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter