Roast teriyaki chicken traybake
- April 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min, oven time 40 min
A one-pan chicken dinner that’s packed full of flavour. Our teriyaki recipe takes just five minutes to prepare then the rest of the work is done in the oven.
You can also try making this recipe in a slow cooker. Omit the water and cook on the high setting for 2 hours.
Want more ways to use teriyaki sauce? Take a look at what to do with leftover teriyaki sauce, here.
- 5.2g (1.2g saturated)
- 47.1g (18.6g sugars)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, green tops left whole (halved if thick), white parts finely sliced
- 8 free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 tbsp teriyaki sauce (we used Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic)
- 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine; from the world food aisle of large supermarkets)
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 160g mix of asparagus, green beans and tenderstem broccoli
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- Large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 x 250g packs microwaveable rice
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the carrots and spring onion greens in a large baking dish or roasting tin, then lay the chicken thighs on top. Spoon over the teriyaki sauce and mirin, then add the lime zest and juice with a splash of water. Massage to coat the chicken, then roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish/tin from the oven, scatter over the asparagus, beans and tenderstem broccoli, then cover tightly with foil. Roast for 10 minutes more until everything is tender.
- Serve scattered with the sliced spring onion, chilli (if using) and coriander leaves, with the rice (heated to the pack instructions) and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Try making this recipe in a slow cooker. Omit the water and cook on the high setting for 2 hours.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Teriyaki chicken with sweet potato wedges and slaw
Give chicken a new lease of life with teriyaki flavours, a crunchy slaw and healthy...