Roasted root vegetables
- February 2007
- 500g parsnips, cut into wedges
- 300g small carrots
- 18 small shallots
- 300g butternut squash, cut into small wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- Drop the parsnips into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain. Tip into a roasting tin, add the carrots, shallots, butternut squash and olive oil, season and toss together. Roast for 25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Dot with the butter and roast for 5 minutes until tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pomegranate molasses chicken with roasted vegetables
Donal Skehan’s Sunday roast with a difference – a glistening pomegranate roast chicken recipe with roasted...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...