- January 2006
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to prepare and 1 hour to cook
Take the stress out of Sunday lunch with this simple vegetarian recipe for roast vegetables.
- 8.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 34.6g (11.1g sugar)
- 400g small carrots, trimmed
- 400g parsnips, halved and trimmed
- 650g small floury potatoes, cut into even-sized pieces
- 2 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- Leaves from a few fresh thyme sprigs
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- To prepare: Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tray. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with the herbs and add plenty of seasoning. Toss together with your hands. Make a tent of foil over the veg and seal tightly.
- To cook: Roast for 30 minutes. Uncover and roast for a further 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- To serve: Tip the vegetables onto a platter and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted root vegetables with horseradish and lemon sauce
Try roasting your sweet root vegetables with spicy horseradish for an interesting side dish to...