- January 2006
- 400g small carrots, trimmed
- 400g parsnips, halved and trimmed
- 650g small floury potatoes, cut into even-sized pieces
- 2 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- Leaves from a few fresh thyme sprigs
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- To prepare: Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tray. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with the herbs and add plenty of seasoning. Toss together with your hands. Make a tent of foil over the veg and seal tightly.
- To cook: Roast for 30 minutes. Uncover and roast for a further 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- To serve: Tip the vegetables onto a platter and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sunday roast side dish recipes
Roasted root vegetables with horseradish and lemon sauce
Try roasting your sweet root vegetables with spicy horseradish for an interesting side dish to...