Satisfyingly chewy flapjacks
- May 2019
- Makes 16 flapjacks
- Hands-on time 10 mins, oven time 20 min
Our can’t-stop-at-one chewy flapjacks are the best combination of oats, syrup and butter with a crunchy almond and pine nut topping. They’re ideal as an after-school treat, or to serve to friends who pop round for a cuppa.
Prefer pecans? We’ve got a wonderful pecan flapjack recipe for you to give a whirl.
- 9.9g (4.9g saturated)
- 15.1g (6.7g sugars)
- 175g unsalted butter (with a pinch of salt added)
- 75g golden syrup
- 75g demerara sugar
- 250g fine-milled porridge oats
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds and/or chia seeds
- 30g flaked almonds and pine nuts or go for a mixture of both
You’ll also need
- 20cm square baking tin, lined with non-stick baking paper
- Heat the oven to 190°C/ 170°C fan/gas 5. Melt the butter, syrup and demerara sugar together in a pan and warm through over the heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in the oats, seeds and nuts until evenly combined, then spoon into the prepared tin, even the top and bake for 20 minutes (or for 25 minutes if you prefer a firmer flapjack).
- Cool for 10 minutes, then cut into 16-20 squares. Leave to cool completely before packing in an airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter