- May 2012
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 min to make, 30 minutes to cook, plus cooling
Who doesn’t love a flapjack? Pecans give these a nice crunchy texture, while a little orange zest ensures they’re not too sickly. Irresistible!
- 26.7g (14.6g saturated)
- 33.2g (31.6g sugar)
- 150g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 175g porridge oats
- 25g pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan160°C/gas 4. Butter a 25cm x 16cm cake tin or baking tray. Heat the butter, sugar, syrup and orange zest in a pan until the butter has melted.
- Stir in the oats and pecans until fully incorporated. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and turning crisp at the edges.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then cut into squares while still warm and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in baking paper and pack in a pretty tin.
Rate & review