Thai yellow prawn noodle soup
- June 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Enjoy a fragrant Thai yellow prawn noodle soup on a weeknight, in just 20 minutes, with our shortcut recipe. It’s packed full of fresh herbs, greens and chilli for a nourishing (yet easy) end to a working day.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 4.9g (1.2g saturated)
- 46.9g (4.1g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 400g can coconut milk
- 200g flat rice noodles (we used Thai Taste folded rice noodles)
- 200g green beans, tailed
- 300g raw sustainable king prawns, peeled
- Juice 1 lime
- Small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring, until fragrant. Pour in the coconut milk and 750ml water and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice noodles and simmer for 4-5 minutes, then add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in the prawns, lime juice and most of the coriander, then cook until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Season to taste, then divide among bowls and top with the remaining coriander and the sliced chilli.
You can also use Thai green/red or Keralan curry paste. Add veg that needs using up – thinly sliced carrots and cabbage would work.
Rate & review