Sesame-crusted chicken with chilli and soy noodles
- February 2012
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Very Lazy Hot Chilli Paste (widely available)
- 6 free-range mini chicken fillets (about 250g), halved lengthways
- 75g sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g pack ready-to-wok medium egg noodles
- 4 spring onions, julienned
- Lime wedges to serve
- In a bowl, stir together the soy and chilli paste, then pour half the mixture over the halved mini chicken fillets in another bowl. Stir to coat well. Put the sesame seeds in a third bowl, then cover each chicken piece with an even coating.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium heat and gently cook the chicken, turning regularly, for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the remaining chilli/soy mixture, the noodles and most of the spring onions to the wok, then stir-fry for 2 minutes. Divide the noodles between 2 bowls, top with pieces of sesame chicken, then sprinkle over the remaining spring onions. Serve with lime wedges.
If you fancy a little more veg, use a pack of stir-fry vegetables just before adding the noodles to the wok.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sesame chicken stir-fry
This quick and easy chicken stir-fry dish is offset by the zesty sesame stir-fry sauce,...