Sesame chicken stir-fry
- July 2011
- For 4 people
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This quick and easy chicken stir-fry dish is offset by the zesty sesame stir-fry sauce, it’s a must for mid-week mains.
- 17.5g (2.8g saturated)
- 39.9g (27.1g sugars)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 1cm wide strips
- ½ chinese leaf cabbage, shredded
- 150g beansprouts
- 150g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 150g mangetout, halved lengthways
- Bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g pack straight-to-wok noodles
For the stir-fry sauce
- Grated zest and juice of 1 small orange
- Thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a splash of oil in a wok. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken to the stir-fry sauce, mix, then return the wok to the heat.
- Make sure the wok is hot, then add a splash of oil. Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 5 minutes until wilted. Add the beansprouts and remaining veg, then fry for another 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken and the sauce to the wok with the noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until hot. Serve immediately with extra soy sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sesame seed crusted chicken stir-fry
The sesame seeds add a delicious crunchy twist to chicken in this quick and easy...