Sesame chicken stir-fry
- July 2011
- For 4 people
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This quick and easy chicken stir-fry dish is offset by the zesty sesame stir-fry sauce, it’s a must for mid-week mains.
- 17.5g (2.8g saturated)
- 39.9g (27.1g sugars)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 1cm wide strips
- ½ chinese leaf cabbage, shredded
- 150g beansprouts
- 150g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 150g mangetout, halved lengthways
- Bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g pack straight-to-wok noodles
For the stir-fry sauce
- Grated zest and juice of 1 small orange
- Thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a splash of oil in a wok. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken to the stir-fry sauce, mix, then return the wok to the heat.
- Make sure the wok is hot, then add a splash of oil. Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 5 minutes until wilted. Add the beansprouts and remaining veg, then fry for another 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken and the sauce to the wok with the noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until hot. Serve immediately with extra soy sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sesame seed crusted chicken stir-fry
The sesame seeds add a delicious crunchy twist to chicken in this quick and easy...
Chicken salad recipes
Our chicken salad recipes are filled with bold...
Chicken curry recipes
Our chicken curry recipes feature dishes from all...
Favourite chicken recipes
This versatile meat can be dressed up or...
Creamy chicken recipes
The combination of chicken with something creamy, whether...