Sherry braised Jersey royals with broad beans and serrano ham
- May 2019
- Serves 4 as a side
- Hands-on time 30 min
Rich, complex and nutty, most sherry vinegar is made from dry sherry and has firm acidity and subtle oak notes from barrel aging. In this recipe, it’s combined with stock in order to cook the Jersey royals so that they soak up extra flavour. Combine with broad beans and crispy serrano ham for a grown-up potato salad.
Looking for something same but different? Try our buttery jersey royal potatoes with broad beans, mint and lemon.
- 6.8g (2.2g saturated)
- 23.5g (3g sugars)
- Knob of butter
- 500g jersey royals, halved if large
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 4 serrano ham slices
- 200g podded broad beans
- 2 tbsp pedro ximénez sherry
- Small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a large pan (one with a tight-fitting lid) over a medium heat, add the potatoes with a pinch of sea salt, then stir to coat. Pour over the stock and sherry vinegar. Bring to a simmer, cover with the lid, then reduce the temperature and simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the slices of ham until crisp, then set aside to cool.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the beans for 3 minutes until just tender. Drain and cool under running water. If you have time (and the inclination), remove the skins of the beans – this is called double-podding.
- Remove the lid from the potatoes and continue cooking for about 5 minutes until fully tender. Stir in the beans and pedro ximénez sherry. Crumble over the crisp ham and sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Buttery jersey royal potatoes with broad beans, mint and lemon
What a classic summery side dish. Jersey royal potatoes are cooked in a parcel of...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...