Sicilian lemon pappardelle with ‘nduja and crunchy breadcrumbs
- February 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Forget what you know about quick pasta recipes because this heavenly combination of pappardelle, lemon, spicy ‘nduja and crunchy breadcrumbs is here to change the game.
- 27.5g (9.6g saturated)
- 66.5g (5.1g sugars)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 4 banana shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice 3 lemons (ideally Sicilian), plus wedges to serve
- 50g ’nduja, crumbled
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 400g fresh pappardelle
- 40g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Heat the butter in a large pan over a low heat and fry the shallots for 15 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, lemon zest and juice, then cook for a minute. Add the ’nduja and half the parsley, then fry for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small frying pan, heat a glug of olive oil, add the breadcrumbs and fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Set aside.
- Cook the pappardelle in a pan of boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes until almost tender. Drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water, then add the pasta to the ’nduja mixture. Set over a medium heat, then toss with a splash of the pasta water, the 3 tbsp olive oil and the 40g parmesan.
- Season to taste, divide among bowls, sprinkle with the crunchy breadcrumbs and remaining parsley, then serve with lemon wedges and extra parmesan.
Learn how to roll pasta using a machine below
’Nduja is a spreadable spicy Calabrian pork sausage. Find it in Italian delis, large supermarkets and on Natoora, or use crumbled cooking chorizo.
A modern, fresh, citrussy white fiano from Sicily is just right with this.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat's cheese recipes
Pappardelle with goat’s cheese, chestnuts, sage and pancetta
Pasta makes the perfect shortcut supper and this pappardelle and goat’s cheese recipe, made with...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...