Smoked salmon and ginger black rice bowl
- December 2018
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
This smoked salmon and black rice bowl serves one, but you can easily scale up the ingredients to serve more people.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- 29.8g (10g saturated)
- 52.6g (4.6g sugars)
- 1 medium free-range egg
- ½ x 250g pouch ready-to-heat black rice (we used Riso Scotti from Ocado)
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lime
- 75g smoked salmon, sliced
- 5cm cucumber, sliced
- ½ small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, or a handful of watercress leaves
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Lower in the egg and cook for exactly
6 minutes (for a runny yolk). Drain and rinse under cold running water, then
peel and cut in half.
- Heat the rice according to the pack instructions.
- In a small bowl, mix the soured cream (see tip), ginger, sesame oil, and the
lime zest and juice to make a dressing. Season to taste.
- Transfer the rice to a serving bowl and top with the smoked salmon, cucumber, coriander and spring onions/watercress. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.
Use plain yogurt or crème fraîche instead of soured cream, if you prefer. This recipe is easily scaled up to feed more people.
Rate & review