Spaghetti with roast cauliflower pesto
- November 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 10-15 min
Try an alternative to traditional pesto with this quick spaghetti recipe – using roast cauliflower, hazelnuts and anchovy fillets.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 47.1g (7.7g saturated)
- 79g (9.6g sugars)
- 1 large cauliflower, sliced into florets
- 150ml light olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 30g blanched hazelnuts
- 30g grated parmesan, plus extra
- Large bunch fresh basil
- 4 drained anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 400g spaghetti
- Heat the oven to 210°C/fan190°C/gas 6 ½. Slice a large cauliflower into florets, then toss with a good splash of olive oil and hazelnuts. Roast for 10-15 minutes until the nuts are golden and the cauliflower is starting to char.
- Remove from the oven and season well. Cool slightly, then whizz all but a few florets in a food processor with 30g grated parmesan, a large bunch of fresh basil, anchovy fillets in oil and 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil until finely ground. Slowly pulse in 150ml light olive oil to give a loose paste. Season, then add a grating of lemon zest and a squeeze of juice.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook 400g spaghetti until al dente. Drain, toss with the pesto, then serve topped with the reserved florets, extra parmesan, lemon zest and basil leaves.
Rate & review