Spanish cod and chorizo stew
- September 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook, plus freezing and defrosting
Use our ultimate tomato sauce recipe as a base for this Spanish cod and chorizo stew.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 39.6g (8.6 saturated)
- 20g (16.2g sugar)
- 1 portion Ultimate tomato sauce
- Handful fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 200g roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and cut into strips
- 200g raw chorizo, cut into chunks
- 500g sustainably-caught cod or pollock fillets, skinned and cut into large chunks
- Place the tomato sauce in a large, sealable plastic container, and add the thyme leaves and red peppers.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add the chorizo and fry until just crisp and the oil is starting to be released. Cool, then add the chorizo and its oil to the sauce and mix well. Add the raw fish, make sure it is covered by the sauce, then seal the container well and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Defrost the stew in the fridge overnight, then transfer to a deep frying pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes until the cod is cooked through. Serve with buttered rice or mash.
Fish cooks very quickly, so it’s best to freeze the fish raw – this will stop it overcooking when you heat the stew. Make sure that the meat or fish is covered by the sauce before freezing, to protect it from freezer burn.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...