Sparkling strawberry trifles
- June 2015
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 15 min
A quick and easy trifle recipe made by adding strawberries, sparkling rosé wine, shop-bought maderia cake and a sweet double cream mixture to cocktail glasses.
Add a nutty crunch to your dessert with these strawberry and mascarpone trifles, ready in just 20 minutes.
- 26g (15.1g saturated)
- 24.8g (21.3g sugars)
- 6-12 strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 300ml sparkling sweet rosé (we used Barefoot Pink Moscato Bubbly, widely available)
- A few fresh basil leaves, finely sliced, plus extra tiny ones to top
- 6 small slices madeira cake, cut into pieces (see tips)
- 125g ricotta
- 200ml double cream
- 2-3 heaped tbsp icing sugar
- Squeeze lemon juice
- A few amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- Divide the strawberries among 6 cocktail glasses, then pour a good splash of fizz into each one. Scatter over some basil and top with the cake pieces (don’t push down too much).
- Mix the ricotta, cream, 2 tbsp icing sugar and lemon juice, then taste – it may need a bit more sugar. Whip with an electric mixer or balloon whisk until the mixture just holds its shape.
- Divide among the trifles, top with crumbled amaretti biscuits and small basil leaves (see tip), then serve.
Change the flavours slightly by using fresh thyme or shredded mint leaves.
Don’t break the madeira cake into pieces – cut it cleanly so stray crumbs don’t spoil the finished look.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Blueberry syllabub trifles
Try this quick and easy to make trifle recipe made with ready-made cake, blueberries, sweet...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...