Strawberry, vin santo and mascarpone trifle
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
The choice of booze is up to you: it’s intense with grappa, but any sweet and/or fortified booze works. The saltiness of the pistachios balances the sweetness nicely.
- 31.3g (17.5g saturated)
- 6.8g protein
- 24.6g (21g sugar)
- 500g strawberries, hulled
- 4 tsp caster sugar, plus a little extra, if needed
- 200g mascarpone
- 6 tbsp single cream
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 16 savoiardi sponge fingers
- 125ml (or more if you like) vin santo, pudding wine or grappa
- 50g salted pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- Mash the strawberries with a little sugar if they’re a bit tart. Blend the mascarpone, cream, vanilla and caster sugar together until smooth.
- Put a spoonful of crushed strawberries in each trifle glass. Cut the sponge fingers, using half to make a layer in the glasses that covers the layer of strawberries (it doesn’t matter if it’s not very neat).
- Spoon 2 tbsp or so of vin santo, pudding wine or grappa over each one – the exact quantity is up to you.
- Cover with half the mascarpone mixture, then sprinkle over half the pistachios. Repeat the layers of strawberries, sponge fingers and mascarpone mix and top it off with the last of the pistachios.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...