Spiced apple and ginger cocktail
- January 2013
- Serves 10
- Hands-on time 5 min
Ginger beer, brandy and cinnamon are combined to make this festive apple cocktail. Would be so warming on Halloween or Bonfire Night…and you can omit the alcohol to make it suitable for all.
- 20 x 2cm slices fresh ginger
- 500ml cloudy apple juice, chilled
- 250ml apple brandy such as calvados or Somerset cider brandy (optional)
- 500ml dry ginger beer, chilled
- 3 apples, sliced, to garnish
- 10 cinnamon sticks to garnish (optional)
- In a punch bowl, bruise the ginger with the back of a metal spoon. Pour in the apple juice and brandy (if using), then squash the ginger again and stir well. Drop in a handful of ice and pour in the ginger beer, then ladle into 10 tumblers. Finish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter