Spiced whisky with kumquats
- March 2006
- Fills a 1 litre bottle
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus standing
Make this exotic whisky and kumquats recipe, made with vanilla and cinnamon, then pour over ice cream or drink neat.
- 70cl bottle whisky
- 200g kumquats
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour the whisky into a decanter or large, sterilised jar with a tight-fitting lid. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the kumquats and boil for 1 minute to remove the wax from the skins. Drain and run under cold running water to cool.
- Halve the kumquats and add to the whisky. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pod and add, along with the pod, to the whisky. Add the cinnamon and mix together. Seal and leave in a cool place for 3 days.
- Strain into small glasses, decorate with a few kumquats, if you like, and drink neat with the cream cheese and anchovy bites. It’s also delicious poured over ice cream.
Rate & review