Spiced whisky with kumquats
- March 2006
- Fills a 1 litre bottle
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus standing
The combination of rich whisky and delicate kumquat, along with vanilla and cinnamon, makes a delicious homemade liqueur. Pour over ice cream or drink neat.
Our whisky marmalade also makes a thoughtful homemade food gift.
- 70cl bottle whisky
- 200g kumquats
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour the whisky into a decanter or large, sterilised jar with a tight-fitting lid. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the kumquats and boil for 1 minute to remove the wax from the skins. Drain and run under cold running water to cool.
- Halve the kumquats and add to the whisky. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla pod and add, along with the pod, to the whisky. Add the cinnamon and mix together. Seal and leave in a cool place for 3 days.
- Strain into small glasses, decorate with a few kumquats, if you like, and drink neat with the cream cheese and anchovy bites. It’s also delicious poured over ice cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...