Steak with anchovy and caper butter
- April 2020
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
This is the sort of dinner worth staying in for: flash-fried rib-eye steak served with a dreamy anchovy and caper butter. The recipe serves one person but you could easily double the quantities and make an epic date night dinner.
- fat (23.2g saturated)
- 1g (0.2g sugars)
- Vegetable oil
- 250g British rib-eye steak
- Large knob of butter
- 2 chopped anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- To serve: chips, watercress and mustard
- Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a hot pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper, then put in the hot pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) until the outside is brown and starting to crisp at the edges, then set aside on a warm plate to rest.
- Return the pan to the heat and add a large knob of butter along with the chopped anchovy fillets and capers. Stir to heat through and scrape up any crispy bits from the base of the pan.
- Return the steak to the pan along with any resting juices and spoon the hot butter over to coat. Top with a knob of fresh butter and serve with chips, watercress and your favourite mustard.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter