- September 2010
- Serves 4
- ready in 30 minutes
These aubergines are stuffed with buckwheat and tomatoes and finished off with crumbly goat’s cheese. A delightful and quick vegetarian dish.
Or, if you’re looking for a meat-filled version, try our sausage and herb stuffed aubergines.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.5g (8.5g saturated),
- 15.9g (3.6g sugars)
- 2 large aubergines
- Plenty of olive oil
- 125g buckwheat
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- The zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1-2 tbsp harissa
- 2 medium vine tomatoes
- A handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 150g crumbled goat’s cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Halve the aubergines lengthways and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with plenty of olive oil and season well. Roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the buckwheat according to pack instructions. Stir in the extra-virgin olive oil, the zest and juice of the lemon and harissa. Deseed and finely chop the tomatoes and stir into the buckwheat with the parsley and goat’s cheese.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven and, once they’ve cooled a little, carefully scoop out the flesh and roughly chop. Stir into the buckwheat mixture and season well. Spoon the mixture back into the aubergine shells and return to the oven for 10-12 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
Rate & review